Only 7 lucky people will win (7’s a lucky number, right?) – one for each day of the week. To be in with a chance, simply log on to Twitter, ensure you’re following us (@HulloMail), and tweet or re-tweet our special St Patrick’s Day message, which will be posted on Twitter today! Make sure you do not change the tweet in any way, simply re-tweet, or it won’t count:
Celebrate St Patrick’s! Retweet for a chance to win 6months’ FREE subscription to HulloMail! #HulloMail #StPatricks
The competition will last from today’s date, 15th March 2012, until midnight on the 21st March 2012. Make sure you’re re-tweeting our special message during and between these days!
It only takes 5 minutes to participate, and ultimately, what have you got to lose?
Happy St Patrick’s everyone!
St Patrick’s Day Offer Terms & Conditions:
– Only 7 winners will be chosen, for each day of the week commencing 15/03/2012 until midnight (UK time) on the 21/03/2012
– Open for all UK, US and Ireland residents
– Any re-tweets after the closing date will not be counted
– The tweet must remain exactly as HulloMail provides, without any changes or removal of text
– The 7 winners will be announced shortly after the competition’s closure
– Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions
– The promoters reserve the right, at their discretion, to exclude entrants and/or the winner(s) if she/he does not comply with any of these terms and conditions
– There are no cash alternatives to prize
– There is no purchase necessary
– The promoter’s decision will be final and binding on the entrants and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winners and/or the prizes
– The promoter’s accept no responsibility for any disappointment incurred of suffered by you as a result of you entering the competition or accepting the prize
– This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing your information to HulloMail and not to Twitter
– Events may occur that render the competition itself of the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion. The entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof
– Upon winning 6 months’ subscription to HulloMail SmartVoicemail, the subscription duration will be added onto the end of any current subscription the entrant may have
We have recently witnessed an interesting transition with regards to the iPhone, BlackBerry and Android smartphones. As you know, these are our main supported devices at HulloMail, and there has been a shift with regards to ‘ranking’, as it were, amongst subscribers in the US.
One year ago, we observed the number of subscribers to Android beginning to increase. This has accelerated dramatically within the last 3 months – surpassing BlackBerry subscribers. The iPhone, however, has remained a comfortable constant and continues to be our app’s highest grossing device out of the three.
The following article depicts the shift in subscriptions with regards to BlackBerry devices in the US, and makes for an interesting read: http://bit.ly/rAQRT
As you all know [or may not know, and if you don’t know, where have you been exactly?] today is our dear friend James Murdoch’s ‘Day of Reckoning’, as Reuters aptly phrased in their covering story yesterday morning (read their article in full here: http://reut.rs/tYfgJC).
According to Reuters, Murdoch is set to face a special committee for questioning – with regards to the recent phone-hacking scandal in which his company has been involved.
It is in light of this [and for a bunch of other nice reasons] that we beautiful people of HulloMail wish to announce the release of Access Control for BlackBerry. Having already successfully introduced our anti phone-hacking component to the iPhone and Android apps, we are pleased to say that the BlackBerry app now encompasses the same qualities . As with the iPhone and Android, this new element for BlackBerry will provide you with additional protection against phone-hacking; employing a prevention and detection mechanism that renders all unauthorised attempts to access your private messages completely pointless.
Within the BlackBerry app, Access Control offers you the option of blocking all ‘call-in-access’ to your account, so that messages can only be retrieved from within the HulloMail app itself, and your email account. You can also decide if you wish to receive a notification for each time your messages are accessed, for easy monitoring. In addition, Access Control enforces PIN entry, if you prefer to call-in to retrieve your voicemails.
Please be wary of other third-party voicemail providers who do not enforce PIN entry with their service!
In short, all our supported devices now come with the protection you need. Your messages are safe.
Following the launch of our month-long “How Do You Use Yours” competition on Facebook, we are pleased to announce the two winners who will each receive a HTC Wildfire S smartphone.
The campaign was designed to find out exactly what our users use their HulloMail SmartVoicemail and voice message apps for and we received some excellent entries, so thank you to everyone who entered.
Congratulations go to the winners, who are David Lunn and Conor Buckley – both explained how they are using HulloMail not only for the voicemail functionality,
but to make the most of additional features including the Facebook sharing and the Individual greetings:
David Lunn – “I have a few Mobile numbers and all tie into the same HulloMail account via MobileMe and Mailboxsync, enabling me to check all my voicemail, at the same time, regardless of which mobile I have with me, or online at hullomail.com, or straight in my email inbox 🙂 Plus the ability to post Voicemail to Facebook makes for some amusing little posts of drunken voicemails left on nights out. ;)”
Conor Buckley – “I use the personalized greetings to freak out my family and friends… Was that what is was invented for?”
Commenting on the competition, Andy Munarriz, founder and CEO, HulloMail added, “We launched the Facebook campaign to find out just how imaginative our users are with our apps and were pleased with the range of entries received! Congratulations to both David and Conor for winning – the HTC Wildfire S handsets will be winging their way to you now.”