HulloMail promotes convenience. What with the sending, receiving and sharing of your voicemails being an instant process, would it be possible to make our app even better? After hearing the feedback from our loyal consumers, we came up with a solution to make the receiving and checking of voicemails an even simpler process. This is an exciting moment for us all, as we can now proudly introduce our new and long-anticipated transcription feature, Scribe™ !
Scribe™ is HulloMail’s new transcription service, which has a fun and interesting product under its name – Get The Gist™, which transcribes the first 10 seconds of your voicemails, using only machines (yes no humans), to give you the gist of what the message is about, before you’ve even listened to it. Ten seconds may not sound like a lot, however it only takes a few words to express a message, so Get The Gist™ has you perfectly covered. Picture how useful this will be where it’s inconvenient to pick up the phone, have a glance at your received message and … get the gist of it! Simple.
Available only to subscribers, Scribe – Get The Gist™ can be purchased via the in-app store for £1.49 for up to 50 messages, over 30 days. That’s $1.99 in the US and €1.59 in Ireland. As with other transcription services, Scribe™ aims for the most accurate transcriptions possible, however external factors have an influence and may affect the transcription of messages – a bad phone line for example.
Enjoy the new feature! It’s going to completely change how you experience your voicemail service, in a totally awesome way.
Only 7 lucky people will win (7’s a lucky number, right?) – one for each day of the week. To be in with a chance, simply log on to Twitter, ensure you’re following us (@HulloMail), and tweet or re-tweet our special St Patrick’s Day message, which will be posted on Twitter today! Make sure you do not change the tweet in any way, simply re-tweet, or it won’t count:
Celebrate St Patrick’s! Retweet for a chance to win 6months’ FREE subscription to HulloMail! #HulloMail #StPatricks
The competition will last from today’s date, 15th March 2012, until midnight on the 21st March 2012. Make sure you’re re-tweeting our special message during and between these days!
It only takes 5 minutes to participate, and ultimately, what have you got to lose?
Happy St Patrick’s everyone!
St Patrick’s Day Offer Terms & Conditions:
– Only 7 winners will be chosen, for each day of the week commencing 15/03/2012 until midnight (UK time) on the 21/03/2012
– Open for all UK, US and Ireland residents
– Any re-tweets after the closing date will not be counted
– The tweet must remain exactly as HulloMail provides, without any changes or removal of text
– The 7 winners will be announced shortly after the competition’s closure
– Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions
– The promoters reserve the right, at their discretion, to exclude entrants and/or the winner(s) if she/he does not comply with any of these terms and conditions
– There are no cash alternatives to prize
– There is no purchase necessary
– The promoter’s decision will be final and binding on the entrants and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winners and/or the prizes
– The promoter’s accept no responsibility for any disappointment incurred of suffered by you as a result of you entering the competition or accepting the prize
– This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing your information to HulloMail and not to Twitter
– Events may occur that render the competition itself of the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion. The entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof
– Upon winning 6 months’ subscription to HulloMail SmartVoicemail, the subscription duration will be added onto the end of any current subscription the entrant may have
We’re pleased to announce we’ve won the coveted Mobile Voicemail Innovation award at this year’s Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards. The award comes as a result of our work with Tesco Mobile Ireland to deliver HulloMail’s SmartVoicemail app for free on its network.
The GTB Innovation Award judges recognised that Tesco Mobile Ireland has become the first operator to support HulloMail for free and, as the divert to us is zero-rated the usage is not taken out of inclusive minutes either.
The GTB Innovation Awards are designed to honour innovative projects involving telecoms operators and service providers around the world working in association with their vendors and suppliers.
Our founder and CEO, Andy Munarriz said , “Our mission is to be the one platform you use with your mobile to send, keep, share and manage your voice messages. We are really impressed to have been recognised by the GTB Innovation Awards for the work we have done with Tesco Mobile Ireland to integrate HulloMail into their network. Now, subscribers can immediately benefit from the smart voicemail and voice messaging service.”
The Mobile Voicemail Innovation award follows a host of other accolades recognising our work in revolutionising the voice messaging arena, including the Red Herring 100 awards, UK IT Industry Awards, Mobile Choice awards and being listed within the prestigious Tech Media Invest Top 100.
We’re pleased to announced the launch of HulloMail in Ireland. For the first time, smartphone users across Ireland can now download our free voicemail and voice messaging application that offers a modern replacement to network operator’s traditional voicemail service: We’ve launched our smart voicemail app for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry devices, providing a completely new approach to accessing, managing and sending voice messages, today!
Concludes Andy, “After nearly 20 years of voicemail doing the same old job, we’re pleased to be at the forefront of introducing something completely new for the 21st century. People have moved on and now expect voicemail to be as flexible as any other form of digital communications and that is exactly the experience that HulloMail provides to mobile users across the UK, USA and now Ireland.”
Our mobile apps are easy to install and work with your existing mobile phone number and operator, meaning there is no requirement to change numbers or be given another.
Think we might go and have a couple of pints of Guinness to celebrate!
And finally, a big thanks to all our testers in Ireland that provided us with some great feedback.
>Top o’the morning to ya!
Late last week testing began of HulloMail in Ireland. We have managed to recruit a band of testers in the Republic who have kindly agreed to be our ‘guinea pigs’ in market. We have given this intrepid group access to the Android and BlackBerry apps with iPhone to follow this week, so they can put the service through it’s paces.
You have probably noticed that we have amended the HulloMail website recently to incorporate Ireland so all the details are there for when we launch the service shortly.
The Hullo Family are getting excited about filming their summer special in Dublin which will be available for launch, so watch this space.
You may ask why Ireland and not another country? Here at HulloMail we get regular requests to expand our service into new territories so that other countries can enjoy the benefits of HulloMail, particularly where operators don’t support visual voicemail on any phones.
The decision was made to launch in Ireland first because we have strong links with the country and the potential user base is considerable.
When the service goes live in the coming weeks it will be available to all Irish BlackBerry, Android and iPhone users regardless of which operator they’re with as all will be supported. Unfortunately users on a pay as you go tariff will still not be able to use the service unless their operator supports unconditional diverts.
We will let you know how testing goes, but all is looking good so far.