HulloMail’s top ten holiday survival tips!
Welcome to the first in a new series of blog posts. HulloMail’s top ten tips have been written to give you some more ideas about HulloMail in particular situations. If you think we’ve missed an obvious one, or have a suggestion as to some top ten tips you would like to see please let us know.
It’s that time of year again when everyone is starting looking forward to their planned summer holidays. Whether you are embarking on a vacation or a staycation, here’s how HulloMail is that ‘must have app’ for your travels:
1. As we all know using your mobile while you are away can lead to a holiday souvenir to remember when the mobile bill appears after your trip. Roaming can be costly so to minimise these changes we suggest forwarding all your voicemails to HulloMail and keeping your mobile turned off during your stay. Then, by only checking your messages via email when connected to a free Wi-Fi hotspot, you are able to avoid the nasty charges
2. We realise that keeping your phone switched off may not be the solution for all so you can also disable data roaming and still use your app via free Wi-Fi
3. Unfortunately travel delays are sometimes an inevitable part of that great holiday get away so why not keep the kids entertained by getting them to record individual voicemail greetings for each of your contacts to let them know you’re off on holiday?
4. Make the most of the airport shopping facilities and bar! But don’t forget to use the Hullo feature in the app (Hullos are short, instant voice messages you can send for free) so that your fellow travelling companions can contact you and know where to find you before the flight
5. Staying at home – don’t get lost in the great outdoors, keep in touch with Hullos so you can listen to a message rather than read a text in that glaring sun!
6. Learn any hilarious holiday phases? – Make sure you record them as a Hullo and share them to your Facebook wall along with those great holiday photos
7. Make sure you change your personal greeting so people know you are away and aren’t just ignoring them!
8. Save further on expensive call costs by giving your friends and family back home your personal HulloMail number*(available for UK users only) for them to call and leave you a voice message which eliminates the cost of an international mobile call
9. Want to share the fun of the resort’s entertainment show? Record your favourite song as a Hullo and post it to your Facebook wall so your friends can join in on your holiday atmosphere too!
10. Finally have a great time; it’ll be winter soon…